Saturday 5 April 2008

Waste

Ban Waste
I received this message from a taxpayer, concerned about the time and money wasted by HMRC having to reallocate tax simply because a chnage of reference number had not been communicated.

"I paid some 2006/7 CT using Internet banking (this was the second year I paid electronically) and then received a reallocation notice from HMRC telling me that I overpaid 2005/6.

They had reallocated it to the correct year.

I made a telephone call and discovered that they change a couple of digits in the reference number each year to indicate the tax year that the payment applies to. I certainly wasn’t aware of this and it wasn’t obvious to me on the payment advice

I wonder how many other accounts have had to be reallocated
?"

As he says, how many other accounts have had to be reallocated?

How much is this costing in terms of time and money (postage etc)?

Tax does have to be taxing.

HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com) is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

No comments:

Post a Comment