Tuesday 7 October 2008

A State of Denial

A State of Denial
The Low Incomes Tax Reform Group recently stated:

"The Government are now eager to improve the tax credits system. Yet HMRC are in denial about the extent of the delays in dealing with overpayment disputes and appeals.

One welfare rights adviser sent nine overpayment disputes, one appeal and one backdating request to HMRC between February and June 2008. As of the start of last week, only two had been acknowledged as received, and only one had elicited any substantive reply
."

Read more on the LITRG site.

Denial does not help anyone.

Maybe someone could organise an "intervention"?

Tax does have to be taxing.

HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

3 comments:

  1. Oh Great. I've been waiting to hear about a complaint I sent in some 5 weeks ago. Looks like I'll be in for a long wait !

    Just what are we supposed to do ? I am now having to call the recovery dept every 2 weeks to stop them starting an action while the dept that's supposed to be dealing with it does nothing !!

    I guess this is linked to the info posted here a few weeks ago about some office being 2 to 3 months behind even OPENING their post.

    What a really wonderful system we got...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way to spur HMRC into action is to write to your local MP. Simple but effective. It works every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really !
    I've been in contact with my MP for the last 2 years and all he does is move letters from HMRC to me and back... After from taking work from the post office, as far as I can see, contacting them is a total waste of time...

    ReplyDelete