Friday 12 November 2010

Pension Problems



It would seem, from the feedback that I have received yesterday about my article on HMRC's bouncing cheques, that some HMRC cheques have indeed bounced.

This of course is a problem that affects some of HMRC's "customers". However, HMRC is an organisation that believes in treating people equally. As such, it should come as no surprise to learn that some of HMRC's staff/ex staff may also be facing money problems caused by an administrative blunder.

A loyal reader (ex HMRC) has informed me of the following:

"I transferred to the Official Receiver's office in November 2007, after working for HMRC since 1999 (Formerly Inland Revenue).

I have, after contacting DWP, discovered that my HMRC pension has disappeared, and that I never contributed to one; yet I had pensionable funds deducted since 1999
."

He has since contacted DWP, and they have confirmed the error lies with HMRC.

How many other staff that have left HMRC experienced this problem?

Maybe those who still work for HMRC should also check their pension pots, to make sure that they are properly accounted for?

Tax does have to be taxing.

Professional Cover Against the Threat of Costly TAX and VAT Investigations

What is TAXWISE?

TAXWISE is a tax-fee protection service that will pay up to £75,000 towards your accountant's fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs full enquiry or dispute.

To find out more, please use this link Taxwise

Tax Investigation for Dummies, by Nick Morgan, provides a good and easy to read guide for anyone caught up in an HMRC tax investigation. A must read for any Self Assessment taxpayer.

Click the link to read about: Tax Investigation for Dummies

HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

1 comment:

  1. The only trouble I have with 'pension' is that I keep typing it 'penison'.

    Something of a handicap in my job, that.

    ReplyDelete