HMRC is currently looking for members of the new Charter Committee.
Remember the Charter?
The original deadline was 3rd November. However, for reasons that are unclear (I assume because HMRC hasn't found enough suitable candidates?), the deadline has been extended to 9th November:
"In order to strengthen the governance of Your Charter, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has created a new Charter Committee.
This will be a sub-committee of the HMRC Board.
Its membership will include HMRC Executives, non-Executives and a range of external stakeholders who represent HMRC’s broad range of customer groups. It will be chaired by the HMRC Board’s Non-Executive Charter champion, Edwina Dunn.
We are looking for four people to join the Charter Committee as external members. We’d like these members to:
Those selected will be appointed in a personal capacity. To be successful in the role, individuals will need to have:
- represent HMRC’s broad customer groups
- constructively challenge and advise the Board on fulfilment of the Charter commitments
Charter Committee members do not receive remuneration but HMRC reimburses expenses reasonably incurred in carrying out their duties such as standard class travel and travel on public transport. Further details will be provided to successful candidates when they take up appointment.
- experience relating to HMRC’s work from using our services
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders at the highest level within public, private and third sector organisations as well as a clear ability to probe and challenge constructively
- the ability to examine and understand data/information, engage in team discussions to agree a course action and be part of a workable solution
- a strong customer service ethos and be passionate about improving and delivering services to all HMRC customers
Full application information is contained in the Candidate Pack above.
The deadline for submitting applications is midday Monday 9 November 2015."Anyone know why the deadline has slipped?
Tax does have to be taxing.
Professional Cover Against the Threat of Costly TAX and VAT Investigations
Insurance to protect you against the cost of enquiry or dispute with HMRC is available from several sources including Solar Tax Investigation Insurance.
Ken Frost has negotiated a 10% discount on any polices that may suit your needs.
However, neither Ken Frost nor HMRCISSHITE either endorses or recommends their services.
What is Solar Tax Investigation Insurance?
Solar Tax Investigation Insurance is a tax-fee protection service that will pay up to £75,000 towards your accountant's fees in the event of an HM Revenue & Customs full enquiry or dispute.
To find out more, please use this link Solar Tax Investigation Insurance
HMRC Is Shite (www.hmrcisshite.com), also available via the domain www.hmrconline.com, is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"